Jamaican Style Red Peas Soup
- 3/4 lb pig tail (cut in pieces) optional
- 1/2 lb stew beef (cut in pieces)
- 1/2 lb Red peas
- 1 pack grace cock soup
- 1/2 lb yam, peel & diced
- 1/2 lb sweet potato, peel & diced
- pimento seeds
- 2 stalks escallion
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 green scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/4 lb pumpkin, diced
- 1 canned coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- Rinse pig’s tail and beef with vinegar and water.
- Boil pig tail for about 5 mins. to get rid of excess salt.
- In a large pot with water, add beans, pigtails and beef to cook until beans are tender. Constantly add water and stir. By this the big and pigtail and beef should be getting tender.
- Once beans and meat are almost cooked go ahead and add all remaining ingredients
- Use the flour and cornmeal to make small dumplings are spinners,
- Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper taste. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
Lower flame and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and enjoy!