Chef Noel’s honey glazed jerk ham recipe
This is a Cunning-ham!
This ham is baked and glazed with my signature jerk marinade but you can use your special blend or store bought, I’ve also added Coca-Cola and honey for a touch of sweetness. Spice up your Christmas with this recipe; you will fall in love with this sweet and spicy ham glaze.
- 6 lb Smoked ham leg bone in
- 2 tbsp Chef Noel’s smoky jerk marinade
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed in water
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven 350F
- Remove all packaging materials including mesh. On a rack in a shallow roasting pan add 3 cups of water to a pan and cover tightly with aluminium foil and steam for 45 minutes. Heat 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- Remove skin and excess fat. Use a sharp knife, cut slits in a cross-check pattern. Make sure to go deep enough that you not only cut the fat but also slice into the meat as well.
- Rub with 2 tbsp. jerk marinade and let it roast for 15 minutes. In a medium saucepan over low heat Add all glaze ingredients, once combine remove ham from oven and coat with some of the glazes. Return from the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish and serve.