FISH AND SEAFOOD
Spicy Curried Coconut Shrimp
A quick and simple curried shrimp recipe perfect for any day of the week.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 lb jumbo raw Shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 stalk scallion
- 2 sprig thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 carrot, washed peeled and sliced
- In a heated frying pan over medium heat with oil, sauté together onion, garlic, pepper, and ginger until fragrant.
- Add curry powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, salt, pepper, scallion, and thyme, then stir to combine.
- Add carrot, coconut milk, and 1 cup of water and allow to simmer. Stir occasionally until fully cooked. Adjust seasoning if desired.